Looking for a magnet? We know what to do with that!
At Magnet Outlet you will certainly find the right magnet! Our range offers a solution for all possible applications. Whether you need a magnet for the office; the organisation of your magnetic board; the use in education or hobby; even for industrial customers, we have everything to answer your needs.First make a choice between the different types of magnets: Neodymium, Pot magnets, Ferrite magnets or Organisation magnets. Each one has its own characteristics:
- Neodymium magnets are an alloy of neodymium, iron and boron. If you are looking for magnets with the highest tractive force (also called holding power or adhesion), neodymium magnets are the right choice. Neodymium magnets are approximately 50% more powerful than ferrite magnets due to their larger magnetic field. For this reason they are often called super magnets. Frequently used names are also rare-earth magnets, super strong magnets or permanent super magnets. All these magnets are given a coating to protect them against corrosion. Usually this is zinc or nickel. Not sure which magnet to choose? Then definitely go for the neodymium magnet, as this has the best magnetic characteristics.
- Ferrite magnets may be less powerful than neodymium magnets, but they have completely different characteristics! If the magnets in your application have to withstand high temperatures, ferrite is the solution. Neodymium magnets retain their strength up to 80°C, whereas ferrite magnets retain their tensile strength up to 200°C. Also outdoors ferrite magnets will be more resistant to the elements as they do not corrode like neodymium magnets do in a humid environment.
- Pot magnets can consist of neodymium or ferrite. Both, of course, have their own characteristics. A pot magnet is a naked permanent magnet that is encased. This ensures that the strength of the magnet is brought to bear in one direction, namely the side that is not coated will therefore have very strong magnetism. So by defining the focus of a magnet by a pot, the magnet does not become stronger, but the magnetic field does. And not just a little: a pot magnet is 5.8 times as powerful as a naked magnet. Let's give an example. Suppose you take a disc magnet with a diameter of 14 mm at 3 mm, you will see a tensile strength of 3 kg. If you take a pot magnet with a diameter of 20mm x 4.5mm (in this pot magnet there is a magnet of diameter 14mm at 3mm) you will get a pulling force of 17.4 kg because 3kg x 5.8 = 17.4 kg pulling force.
- Of course, Magnet Outlet also offers organisation magnets. What's in a name? You want to organize something, whether it is a whiteboard, a blackboard, your office space, strategic boards, refrigerator magnets, and so on. Very extensive applications are possible for the organisation magnet!
- Magnet Outlet also offers AlNiCo magnets and Samarium Cobalt magnets. You will not find these on our website, but feel free to send us an e-mail and we will be happy to help you!
Magnet Outlet offers a solution for every application. Choose the desired shape from the naked ferrite magnets or neodymium magnets: disc, bar, ring, block, cube or ball. Each shape has its own possibilities and areas of application. Each magnet shape has many sizes and weights. You will certainly find the right magnet! If not, we will be glad to help you personally.
I don't find the right magnet, what to do?
Please note that we, Magnet Outlet, have placed a very wide range of magnets online. BUT, there are still magnets. Even more specific magnets, more special magnets. Over the years, we have found many magnets for many different applications.Are you hesitating between different magnets and can't decide?
Feel free to contact us and we will gladly help you in your search for the right magnets!